New Castle, IN
Part-Time Nurse Practitioner – 2 days/month, beginning Oct 1
A Career With Purpose: Join the Verve Health Team!
Verve Health is looking for a qualified Nurse Practitioner to work in one of our onsite clinics In New Castle, IN to help aid us in our mission to be a next-generation health and wellness partner for a growing number of companies in Indiana. At Verve Health, you’ll be part of the integrative health movement and will join a team of talented, diverse professionals working together to change health for the better.
- This position is Part-Time (2 days/month)
Nurse Practitioner RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports directly to the Medical Director.
- Works in close collaboration with clinical staff.
- Provides exceptional patient care including diagnosis, evaluation, guidance, and treatment within the scope of practice, experience, and knowledge base.
- Provides annual physicals, wellness and education, acute care, management of chronic conditions, lab testing, value-based referrals, and medication dispensing.
- Effectively uses readiness assessment, motivational interviewing, goal setting, appreciative inquiry, and barrier resolution techniques to assist participants in developing individualized plans for successful behavior change.
- Interprets health risk assessment, biometric screening or previous provider visit results as a basis for future visits.
- Understands how to work with individuals on primary, secondary or tertiary prevention education strategies using research-proven information.
- Maintains consistent and accurate provider documentation for reporting purposes.
Nurse Practitioner REQUIREMENTS
- Licensed NP with up to date credentials.
- At least two years’ experience in family practice or primary care setting.
- English fluency, tremendous communication skills.
- Effective team player.
- Motivated, independent self-starter.
- Strong self-awareness and knowledge of limits.
- Effective time management skills. Ability to juggle a variety of tasks.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES This individual will understand and have a commitment to the philosophy, mission, values, and vision of Verve Health. The individual will be able to demonstrate these values with his/her clinical practice. This person will possess personal and professional integrity, strong communication skills and an excellent professional appearance and presentation. The individual must possess a strong ability to establish rapport with others, strong interpersonal skills, a good sense of humor, high energy level and a positive outlook. Other attributes include the following:
- Is respectful, honest and demonstrates integrity and ethics.
- Is customer-focused/service-oriented, and has effectively affected change.
- Listens effectively, shares ideas and information openly and facilitates relationship building by establishing trust.
- Experience and supportive of a team-based and collaborative approach to healthcare delivery, including working well with advanced practitioners, nurses, and other medical professionals.
- Is solution-oriented.
- Possesses initiative, good judgment and the ability to problem-solve.
- Has handled demanding workloads to meet objectives.
- Is compassionate, caring and creative.
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for own health and well-being.
- Is a role model/resource for other Verve Health Team Members.
- Team player.
Nurse Practitioner PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work in a clinic location.
- Occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds.
- Position requires walking, sitting and standing at moderate levels.
- Position requires a high level of all forms of communication skills: written, verbal, listening.
Family Nurse Practitioner Preferred experience:
- NRCME certification or willingness to obtain