Be Part of a GREAT Team!
Verve Health is currently seeking a Medical Assistant for our clinic located in Indianapolis. This is a 3 day a week position. Great for someone needing flexibility!
Clinic hours are from 8a-5p M-F.
Role Overview:-Under the direction of the medical provider (NP) and office manager, the medical assistant is often the first point of contact in the clinic. This position assists the medical provider with patient flow, patient procedures and routine DOT urine drug screens and DOT physicals. This position works hand in hand with medical providers to achieve high quality outcomes for the patient.
- Proficiency in front and back officeskills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills used to work with a diverse team and patient population
- Adherence to HIPAA Guidelines
- Work well in a team environment & independently without difficulty
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail
- Ability to perform and pass bi-annual CPR certification
- Ability to use office EMR, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and required web-based programs
- Ability and willingness to cross train in multiple office areas
Proficiency desired in the following skills:
- Rooming patients, collection of complete vital signs, height, weight, review at each visit patient medications, allergies and reactions, recent hospitalizations surgeries, smoking status, medical family & social history
- Exam room preparations-clean/disinfect between patients, inventory and stocking rooms with appropriate supplies, procedure trays and auditing and rotation of supplies and medications
- EMR information entry of patient initial and follow up appointments and the ability to assist in emergency situations.
- Must be able to consistently follow company policy and procedures
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Accountable, adaptable, dependable and responsive to changing priorities/conditions
- Professional demeanor with demonstrated commitment to superior performance
- Positive, solution-oriented approach
- Maintains, collection & logging of laboratory specimens per practice protocol
- Excellent organizational skills
- Reconciles lab requisitions
- Administration of Injections
- Manual inventory of medications & clinic supplies
- Cross training in front office duties and performs as required/necessary
- Completion of other duties within scope of practice as deemed necessary
- Maintaining & updating patient’s medical record
- Handling data entry tasks· Greeting all patients, sorting mail, other duties.
- DOT physical, Drug and Breath Alcohol screening: 1 year (willing to train the ideal candidate)
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant Training Program
High School Diploma or GED